Monday, November 24, 2014

Gratitude

by Mika Miller, Director of Resident Services at Carlsbad By The Sea



Daily I come to a place VOID of Youth – I have gratitude 



Listen carefully, approach softly, minds without clarity – I have gratitude
Speak loudly - diminished hearing – I have gratitude 

Build relationships to counter doubt and fear - I have gratitude


Pace slowly for those – whose stamina is NOT – I have gratitude


And in this place of “VOID” I am surrounded by GRATITUDE


GRATITUDE that people have slowed down to enjoy life, friends, family, purpose

GRATITUDE that through lack of clarity we can connect in new ways

GRATITUDE that speaking clearly and loudly allows time and better recognition of the REAL conversation

GRATITUDE to be able to build relationships on TRUST and that through the “VOIDS” we have created a safer and larger space in which to connect.

GRATITUDE that going slowly for others gives a better perspective on truly living

GRATITUDE that in the “lack of” there is actually more; more understanding, more depth or experience; and for that I am grateful.






No comments:

Post a Comment